You can apply by email by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online:
Junior Associate Public Law (Brussels)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. The challenge faced by K law is to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives. We deliver a multidisciplinary and creative approach, which enables our clients to take opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law, employment law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
As well as collaborating with our clients at every stage of the advising and litigation process, we usually work in multidisciplinary teams to meet the client’s needs. This means that the advice and assistance we generate are both innovative and technically sound. In fact, building strong relationships is key to success, both with clients, internally as with stakeholders of all kinds. As a rapidly expanding law firm, K law is currently looking for a Junior Associate Public Law to join our team in Brussels.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Junior Associate in Public Law:
- You will work closely with the Senior Counsel Public Law.
- You will for example provide preliminary legal advice on public tenders and create tenders for government. Afterwards you help them to evaluate these tenders and guide them through the purchase process.
- You will also work on administrative law (constitutional law, community law,…) and for example on government contracts and public procurement.
- You will work on real estate projects like Public Private Partnerships and support the Senior counsel in demanding construction permits and environmental permits, etc.
- You will attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
Skills & Qualifications
- You have a Master degree in Law (preferably, a specialization in Public Law).
- You have 2-3 years of experience in Public Law
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in the legal fields mentioned above.
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills.
- You are fluent in Dutch or French and English.
- You are a real team player.
- You are client-oriented.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
How can we help?
Discover our expertise