Paralegal Intern (Brussels)
Legal issues are part of a company’s development strategy. The challenge faced by K law is to offer legal advice that meets our clients’ business objectives. We deliver a multidisciplinary and creative approach, which enables our clients to keep their business moving forward.
Our lawyers have deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. Across banking & finance, financial services regulation, corporate and M&A, tax, real estate, public, commercial law, employment law and more, the team has extensive experience and the right approach to help our clients. In short, our lawyers are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, we work in multidisciplinary teams as well as collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. We formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients and with stakeholders of all kinds.
To support our lawyers, K law is looking for a Paralegal Intern. Will you join our team?
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Paralegal Intern, you will become part of a strong team of 50 lawyers and paralegals. In your role, you will support the legal team in its day to day tasks. Your main responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Drafting of corporate documents regarding modifications within a Belgian company (transfer of registered office, change of name and statutory purpose, appointment and dismissal of directors, appointment statutory auditor, change of articles of association, etc.)
- Assistance with the recurring filing and publication requirements for Belgian branches (e.g. appointment and dismissal of legal representatives or directors, transfer of registered office or branch, change of name, etc.)
- Assistance with the incorporation of a company or the establishment of a branch office in Belgium
- Assistance with the liquidation of companies and the closing of Belgian branch offices
- Performing and follow-up of legal publications
- (De)Registration with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises
- Assisting clients with obtaining legalizations and sworn translations of legal documents of the company for domestic or foreign use
- Translation of legal documents
Skills & Qualifications
- An advanced spoken and written level of Dutch, French & English.
- A high degree of computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Organized and focused on quality and attention to detail.
- An analytical and service-minded professional.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
- You are studying Business Management option Paralegal Studies.
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
We offer an ideal alternative for people who prefer working on the practical/knowledge side of K law and have a technical mindset. More important, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities to grow in your function.
K law disposes of state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
You can apply by email by sending your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org